Table of Contents
Hey guys, are you searching tutorials for download and install MinGW on Windows 10 – if yes, then stay with this article.
Because today, we'll guide you step by step through which you will be able to download and install MinGW on your windows machine but before performing our tutorial let's discuss about MinGW.
What is MinGW?
MinGW is developed as an open source and free software development environment which is used to create Microsoft Windows applications. MinGW was developed by MinGW Project and it was initially released on July 1, 1998.
Now, let's discuss how to install MinGW on Windows operating system.
How to install MinGW on Windows 10
Here, we will discuss step by step guide to download and install MinGW on Windows operating system;
1. First of all, go to MinGW download for Windows - SOURCEFORGE page and simply hit the download button.
2. Just for now, click the save button to download MinGW w64 Installer file.
3. After downloading this file, go to Downloads folder then click on mingw-get-setup.exe file and open it.
4. Then, simply hit the Install button to continue MinGW installation process.
5. Now, select the installation directory where you want to install MinGW - browse the path or go with system by default location then click Continue.
6. After this, it will automatically download and update catalogue of MinGW then Click on Continue.
7. After updating catalogue, you have to install packages manually. For this, just check out the packages then click on Installation > Apply Changes.
8. Now, review the packages then simply hit the Apply button to download new packages in MinGW.
9. It will take couple of seconds to download and install selected packages. So wait for it and let them finish. After downloading these packages just click Close to close setup.
10. Now, go to C: drive > MinGW > bin and simply copy the folder's path.
11. Then, go to windows menu then search for system variables and open it.
12. Click on Environment Variable.
13. Now, go to system variables section and double click on Path.
14. Then, Click on New, paste the bin folder location of MinGW then click Ok to save environment variable.
15. Hurrah!!! Variables of MinGW is successfully Setup. Let's check whether MinGW is successfully installed on your Windows pc or not. For that just go to command line and type following command;
If MinGW is successfully installed then it will show something like that;
Above we have discussed the tutorial for How to install MinGW on Windows 10. MinGW is developed as an open source and free software development environment which is used to create Microsoft Windows applications. MinGW was developed by MinGW Project and it was initially released on July 1, 1998. By following above mentioned steps anyone can easily download and install MinGW on Windows operating system.