Hello guys, are you still willing to download Lisp programming language and execute Lisp programs on your Windows 10 operating machine? - If yes, then I am happy to say that you have come to the right corner.
In this article, we will guide you step by step and show you how to Install Lisp on Windows 10 but before diving into this tutorial, let's take a look at lisp programming language.
What is Lisp?
Lisp is a traditional high level programming language which is developed as an open source computer programming language. Lisp programming language was designed by John McCarthy and developed by Steve Russell, Mike Levin and Timothy P. Hart in the year 1958.
Now, let's discuss how to install Lisp on Windows operating system.
How to Install Lisp on Windows Machine
Now, we will discuss step by step guide to download and install windows operating system;
1. First, go to Common lisp(CLisp) - SOURCEFORGE page and simply hit the download button to download CLisp Install file.
2. Now, it will automatically start downloading the CLisp Installer file to your Windows PC. Wait and let the clisp.exe file get downloaded completely. After the file is downloaded, go to the downloads folder and open it by clicking on the clisp-x-xx.exe.
3. After doing this, you will be reach to GNU CLisp setup wizard - To continue installation process just click Next.
4. Now, review the license terms before installing GNU Clisp on your Windows pc. After reading all these terms just click I agree to continue.
5. After this, choose the components that you want to install with Clisp - here, select the custom type of install then check out all optional components and click Next > to continue installation.
6. For now, choose the destination location of Folder in which you want to install lisp - browse it or go with system by default location then click Next>.
7. Clisp Setup is almost ready to install on your Windows pc. You only have to do is, just choose the start menu folder(Shortcut) for GNU Clisp then click Install to begin installation process.
8. Installation completed!!! Just click Close to exit setup wizard.
9. To execute the Clisp program, just go to Windows menu then choose GNU Clisp folder and click GNU Clisp.
10. Now, you will reach to Clisp command line. Here you can print and execute any lisp program - just type clisp programname.lisp and press enter.
Above we have discussed the tutorial for how to Install Lisp on Windows Machine. Lisp is a traditional high level programming language which is developed as an open source computer programming language. Lisp programming language was designed by John McCarthy and developed by Steve Russell, Mike Levin and Timothy P. Hart in the year 1958. And by following above mentioned steps anyone can easily download and install Lisp on Windows operating system.