Android Studio Install and setting up on Windows 10 is a very easy task but still some people find it difficult to install Android Studio.
Intro to Android StudioAndroid studio is an Integrated development environment (IDE) which is specially designed for android development or app development. Android Studio was developed by Google and JetBrains in May 2013. Since then, Android Studio has been the most popular Android development software. It is good to say that android studio is available for many operating systems including Windows, macOS and Linux.
The first version(0.1) of Android Studio was rolled out in May 2013. Shortly, thereafter the beta version (0.8) of Android Studio was rolled out, which was initially released in june 2014. Then finally its stable 1.0 update was rollout in December 2014.
Earlier, only java language was used in android studio but on May 2019 kotlin replaced java as google preferred Kotlin programming language for android app development. But java is still an android studio supported language just like C++.
System requirements for installing Android studio on windows operating system• Computer system must be running on Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 (32-bit or 64-bit).
• Your computer should have minimum 4GB RAM. And if you want to get android studio running smoothly on your pc then most recommended RAM is 8GB.
• Your computer should have minimum 2 gb free space but I recommend you to have free space up to 4gb.
• Must required Java Development Kit (JDK) 8 before installing Android studio on windows PC.
• And most important thing, Your PC screen resolution must be of 1280 * 800 or more.
How to install and setup Android studio on windows 10We have discussed about the system requirements for installing Android studio and now let's learn about how to install and setup Android studio on windows 10.
• Download Android studio .exe fileTo download Android Studio, you need to open the search box and search "Android Studio for Windows". After that you will reach its official website where you have to hit the button of download for windows. After hitting the button Android Studio will be automatically download on your Windows PC.
- android studio.exe file will be around 940 MB, So keep in mind that you should have good internet connection and enough data plan so that android studio can be easily downloaded in your pc without any error.
• Setup Android studioAfter downloading Android studio, click on downloaded file and "OPEN" it.
After opening the downloaded file it will ask confirmation for setup, Simply tap on "NEXT" to continue.
• Choose componentsIn this step you have to choose the components that you want to install on your Windows PC. Here, you will see options of "Android Studio" and "Android Virtual Device", one of them will be selected by default.
- You have to select both options. After selecting these options, Click on "NEXT" to continue.
• Select installation pathIn this step you have to select the path or folder location where you want to place all Android Studio files. Before selecting the installation location, one thing should be kept in mind that the specified location must have 500 MB of free space.
- tap on "Browse" button to Customise and select a specific path to your Android studio file, after choosing specific path click on "NEXT" to continue.
• Choose Start menu FolderIn this step, you have to choose start menu folder in which you would like to create Program's shortcut - enter the name to create new folder or Continue with default settings.
After this tap on "INSTALL" button to install Android studio on windows10.
• Run Android studioHurrahh!!! Android studio is successfully installed on your Windows 10 PC. Click the "Open" button to run Android Studio on the desktop. It will take some time to fully optimize your PC. If Android Studio doesn't work then reboot your Windows PC and try again. After reboot, your Android Studio app will definitely open and it will look something like this;
• Choose type of SetupIn this step, you have to choose the type of setup that you want from Android studio. Go with "Standard" option because in this option Android studio will automatically installed with most common settings and options.
- Now choose "standard" option and click on "NEXT" to continue.
• Select UI themeNow in this step, select the UI theme for your Android studio; In this section, you get to see the options of Dracula or light themes UI, which you can customize according to your need.
After selecting perfect theme for your Android studio, Simply click on "NEXT" to continue.
• Verify settings and download componentsIn this section you'll need to verify all the settings that you done before!!
-After verifying all settings, you need to download its additional packages for building android applications with Android studio.
Click on "FINISH" button, after this file bundle will automatically download and unzipped on your android studio which will be around 1.74 GB.
Note: all these file bundles are very necessary for building android applications so, don't try to stop and cancel these Processes.
• Start with new project!!After downloading all the necessary Files, Your Android studio is fully ready for building android apps.
- click on "start a new Android studio project" to continue with Android development.