Table of Contents
Hey folks, do you want to know how to install lua on windows 10 - if yes then stay tuned with this article.
Because in this article, we will guide you step by step through which you will be able to download and install lua on windows 10 operating machine but before that let's take a overview of lua programming language.
What is Lua?
Lua is a fast and robust programming language which is developed as an open source programming language and licensed under MIT license. Lua programming language is a high level cross platform programming language which is designed and developed by Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo, Waldemar Celes and Roberto Ierusalimschy in 1993. Lua programming language is an easy to use, lightweight and multi paradigm programming language.
Now, let's discuss how to download Lua on Windows PC.
How to install lua on windows 10
Here, we will discuss step by step guide to download and install Lua on Windows operating system;
1. First of all, go to lua download for Windows - SOURCEFORGE page and download latest version zip file of lua.
2. After downloading lua zip file, go to downloads folder then right click on zip file and then click on Extract here.
3. Here, you will see lua zip file is extracted successfully. Just copy all extracted files.
4. Now, go to Local Disk (C:) > program files and here create a new folder inside program files named with Lua. For that, right click on empty corner > New > Folder and create a new folder called Lua.
5. After creating new folder, paste all the extracted files by pressing Ctrl+V.
6. Now, here you will see that there are two files naming lua53.exe. You need to rename one of those files to lua.exe
7. After renaming this file, copy the folder destination location of lua by pressing Ctrl+C.
8. Now, open the Windows menu then search for System environment variable and open it.
9. After doing this, System properties window will appear on your desktop screen. Here, click on Environment Variable.
10. Now, go to system variables section then choose path and then click on Edit.
11. After this, click on New and paste lua destination path then click Ok & Ok.
12. Let's see if Lua has been successfully installed on your computer. For that, just go to command line and type Lua then press Enter.
Above we have discussed the tutorial for how to download and install lua on windows 10. Lua is a fast and robust programming language which is developed as an open source programming language and licensed under MIT license. Lua programming language is a high level cross platform programming language which is designed and developed by Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo, Waldemar Celes and Roberto Ierusalimschy in 1993. By following above mentioned steps anyone can easily download and install lua on windows PC. I hope this information is helpful to you all.